Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.Lee Iacocca
Relationships in personal life are similar to an employee-employer bond. The connections are glued to stay for a longer time with a mutually beneficiary link.
When matters get worsens in an unforeseen reason. The situation arises where the bond of the relationship had to get sorted out. Both the parties involved has to make the break-up a smooth sail over.
An employee is responsible for making the situation of firing an employer in tranquilness and gracefulness. An employee gets hired for unleashing his potential in the concern.
An employee-employer bond strives to last for a longterm. Reasons unforeseen can curtail the obligation for a split-off. The employer takes on the situation to make the occasion more gracefull like a split off in marriage where both the parties involved gracefully handle the separation.
Employee loyalty begins with employer loyalty. Your employees should know that if they do the job they were hired to do with a reasonable amount of competence and efficiency, you will support them.Harvey Mackay
Points to be noted on in execution of a termination notice to an employee.
The idea of termination can vary from workforce reduction or non-performance of an employee. The employer needs to summarize in detail and honesty the reasons for the split-off. In his termination order, the employer needs to mention the grounds on which the decision of termination got executed.
The reasons for split off can be the faulty employee who had committed a poor performance or an act of negligence. If so ever, the employee is defaulting in performance in given tasks. The procedures of dismissal have to be graceful, and no signs of humiliation will get seen in the eyes of the terminated employee.
Terminating an employee is a stressful job for any employer. The employer is overpowered to undertake the task out of interest of the concern on so many reasons.
The Six golden rules to adopt in firing an employee gracefully.
- Reasons for the split off to be in detail in summary.
- A notice period for an employee on his termination order. No rooms for a surprise exit.
- Clarity while hiring and transparency while firing is the rule book in termination of an employee.
- Transparency in communications and a witness to the face to face talks will aid in unnecessary disputes on a later date.
- Legal aspects ascertained to safeguard the concerns reputations. A lawsuit by the terminated employee will puncture the concern’s goodwill in the job market.
- To put an end to the gossips in the workplace. A clearcut picture of the scenario showcased to the colleagues. The exit plan of the employee will be transparent in the workplace so not create a panic situation among the others with a clarity that caused the termination.
A step ahead in assisting the exited employee in getting a job with providing the need full papers will be a gentle note of thanking for the services rendered so far.
A humane approach will always get appreciated by the exiting employee who is affected by a sick note.
Any further delay in termination of any employee found unproductive will leave a scar in the growth of a concern.
Procrastination of the termination of a non-performing employee will hit the stale end of the accounts in a longer run.
The concern needs to be on a firm note. After taking a resolution in the terminus of an employee.With no rooms for a discussion for a plea by the affected person.
Most of the business concern has a policy of not recruiting any ex-employee one more time as they will be a spoilsport with the existing employees.
We invest very heavily in the employees. We get the return, and the employee gets the return if they stay with us for a while. So, we focus on people that will commit to us for the long run.Aneel Bhusri